Our athletic field management team has the experience you need.
Mike Parent is owner of H&K Sports Fields, LLC. H&K specializes in the design, construction, and renovation of sports fields in the upper Midwest. Since purchasing the business in 2004, with his unique combination of site development and athletic field construction experiences, he has expanded the business to provide consulting and project management services to clients nationwide. In addition, H&K continues to develop and market its “Magic MixTM” Topdressing and “Magic Track TM” warning track materials. As a youngster, and always having a passion for baseball, Mike built his first baseball field at the age of 12 in his parent’s backyard. Throughout his years as a coach from little league, Babe Ruth, high school, and American Legion, Mike has always enjoyed working on baseball fields. Today Mike serves on the board of directors for the Baileys Harbor baseball home talent team and donates time working on the local field that he helped build in the 1970’s.
Mike has spent his entire 35 year career in the site development industry:
- Worked summers in high school and college in family excavating business installing utilities, driving dump truck, and landscaping.
- Served as contract administrator for large paving contractor in Dallas, TX. Responsible for contract documentation, pay requests, subcontractor payments, and contract closeout.
- Returned to family business to manage overall operations, (approximately 60 employees). Responsible for bid preparation, subcontractor selection, scheduling, and client communications. Extensive involvement in site grading, utility work, aggregate production, blasting, redi-mix production, and landscaping.
- Purchased H&K Sports Fields in 2004 after sale of family owned business.
- Recently completed H&K projects include Marian University Baseball Field, Verona Little League Complex, Menominee Falls Little League Complex, in addition to numerous single field construction and renovation projects. H&K is currently under contract for the design and construction management for two athletic field/sports complexes with development budgets approaching a total of $50M.
SITE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
As an owner, Mike has designed and developed several real estate projects. He has worked with state, county and local officials on various permitting issues. He has worked with various civil engineers on site work, grading, and infrastructure items. In addition, he has coordinated marketing and sales efforts for his developments.
- Heritage Lake Resort – 300 site vacation community. 10,000 sf clubhouse with indoor pool, 5 acre manmade lake, walk trails.
- Meadowwood Homes – 55 site affordable housing project.
- Evergreen Court – 6 unit duplex condominium project.
- Rock Ridge Subdivision – 12 lot subdivision.
- BBA University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
- MS Construction Management Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Wisconsin Real Estate License
- Wisconsin Restricted Master Plumber
- Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Certification
- Member – Sports Turf Managers Association
- Member – Wisconsin Turf Grass Association
- Member – Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association
- Member – Sportsplex Operators & Developers Association