We recently had a question from a customer about the makeup of Magic Mix playing surface material and how it compares to other similar infield materials on the market. We though we’d share our response since we get asked this often.
What is Magic Mix made of, and how it is different from the vitrified and calcined clays that Diamond Pro and Turface makes. We are always looking for the next best thing.
Here is a quick overview of Magic Mix.
Magic Mix Topdressing:
A finely crushed aggregate that has been proven over
the years to be a solid performer on ballfields,
especially in northern climates. It’s rich red color gives
any field a more professional finished look. Magic Mix
is fine enough to slide or dive on without worry of
player safety. Dense material that won’t wash away or
create dust. Just one-quarter to one-half inch coating
improves resiliency, slows the evaporation of moisture
from your infield skin and speeds reentry onto the field
after a rain event – minimizing the use of other drying
Because Magic Mix is made from crushed granite to finely tuned
specifications, it is more dense than the vitrified and calcined clay and as
- Magic Mix does not break down as easily or quickly.
- Magic Mix does not get as dusty when dried out.
- Magic Mix does not require the same amount of water on the materialto keep it playable in dry conditions.
Different from other topdressing materials, Magic Mix has been designed to
provide an outstanding playing surface under all weather conditions.
The “Magic” comes from our exclusive particle sizing and gradation.
- It provides increased player stability.
- It helps to protect the infield skin from excessive moisture loss.
- It allows surface water to move through and drain off skinned surfaces.
- It will not create a hard playing surface.
- It will not wash or blow away.
- It will not stain uniforms.
Magic Mix does not need to be replaced as often as other materials. It was
specifically designed to work well under low maintenance conditions.
Its deep red color reduces glare and contrasts beautifully with green grass
to highlight your turf.
If you would like a sample of Magic Mix sent to you, please let us know by filling out our contact form and we will be happy to get a sample to you.